Monday, June 7

Stephens Sunday!

First let me apologize for not posting very often.


It's so frustrating, because I either have nothing to do, and therefore nothing to write about,


OR I have a billion things to do and no time to write about them! Maybe one day I'll find my happy medium :)



Wow! I am suddenly thinking of Five Reasons I LOVE Stephens!


Let's list them, shall we?


1) A few days ago I visited a friend I hadn't seen in a while, and when we started talking about college I could not shut up. I felt like a new mother or something, the way I fawned over the college and mentioned every single thing I loved about it. I couldn't stop smiling! My eyes felt shiny and glittery- basically, I love Stephens because it's so easy to be passionate about it.It's so easy to fall in love with it.


2) I love Columbia. Can that be a reason for loving the school? My mom, baby sister, friend Mel and I visited Stephens in February (maybe late January? Was it March? AH!) and it was the cutest town. I always mention how there are two vintage clothing shops basically across the street from each other when I talk about Columbia. It's a little town with it's own cookie bakery and a costume store- how much more can the world offer?



I'm especially fond of the rooster head. This picture may be on the verge of nightmare material, but it's equal parts a dream come true. It's also my new priority to come up with an excuse to rent/buy one of these costumes. It'll take some pretty abstract thinking...


3) These past few weeks have been a big struggle for me when it comes to math class. I'm always running around like a chicken with my head cut off (or rooster, as it were.  See bodiless man-chicken above) trying to squeeze in extra points here and there at the end of the year. I know I'm required to take gen. ed. classes at Stephens, and even though I'm completely intimidated by the math and science, I feel confident that I'll have plenty of help. I'll be in the honors program, and from what I observed during my night stay with this year's freshmen honor's girls, honor's girls are pretty tight.  I just hope at least one girl will have the patience to answer all my stupid questions.


4) The T-Shirts I saw were awesome. On the front, "If you're a Stephens girl raise your hand." and on the back, "If you're not a Stephen's girl, raise your standards." (Or something like that). I tried finding a photo of one, but apparently they're super secret to outsiders. My day will come!


I love me some smack talkin'! That's usually my main job when I'm on a team of some sort. Like, for instance, a basketball team at the student faculty games (see my last post). I'm actually pretty surprised I didn't get written up for telling the basketball coach he was about to eat my squeaky basketball court dust.


5) I heard the water fountains in the dorms are filtered water. That's just really great.



That was five reasons I love Stephens!!



I also love Strawberries, which I have about a gallon and a half of in my fridge right now. My friends Colette and George took me strawberry picking today, and it was UH'MAZIN'. It's totally time for me to go eat some of those right now. Maybe I'll make a smoothie! :)


No, change that to "Definitely making a smoothie!"


love, rudi


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts! I'd love to hear them.