Wednesday, October 5

Citizen Jane and the Circus


All work and no play, girls! I've had a very busy yet very entertaining two weeks. Mid terms are slowly peeking their ugly little heads into my schedule, and for two of my classes that meant two portfolio presentations in one week. At least...I really hope those portfolio presentations were considered as midterms.

I spent all weekend doing two things: prepping my designs for my portfolios, and taking photos for the Citizen Jane Film Festival! For those of you who don't know much about it, Citizen Jane is hosted here at Stephens and is based around female film makers. I got to see two *amazing* documentaries myself, and I was certainly glad I forced myself to get out of the studios to take advantage of the festival. There was so much art everywhere!






Some of the neatest photos I got were from the Citizen Jane Circus held in our administrative building Lela Rainey Wood Hall. It was magical, walking into a ballroom full of free popcorn and cotton candy, dancers juggling scarves, girls in glittery costumes hosting an arm wrestling competition, a costume-filled photo booth, and this super fancy aerialist!











Of course, the main point of Citizen Jane was to expose talented female film makers, but for their side of the story you'll just have to attend yourself next year and hear it from their work. No photography allowed :)


love, rudi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts! I'd love to hear them.