Wednesday, April 11

Jumping, Falling, Flying



   I heard this quote during one of the most important and exhilarating experiences of my life. It was in the middle of high school, and I was right in the crux of deciding what sort of person I was going to be. I ended up decided to be an artistic one, and it was a real risk that ended up making high school pretty difficult. In the end, though, it turned out to be worth it.

  I've loved this quote since I first heard it, but I keep forgetting that jumping and taking risks doesn't always mean I will fly. Today I got some disappointing news- I ran for a leadership seat in a club on campus but found out that I didn't get the position. It's hard to be confident and ambitious. When you really work hard at something and truly believe in yourself, the failure is just more disheartening.

   But, while I have to remember that jumping isn't always flying, I have to also remember that it isn't always falling, either.

love, rudi

1 comment:

  1. Jumping is always a risk, sometimes you fall (lose), sometimes you fly (win) but either way, what I have learned, if you are not attempting to fly, you may as well sit still and die. You is kind, you is smart and you is important. And you are a strong young woman. Sorry to hear about your loss in the club but it's really more their loss than yours---P

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! I'd love to hear them.